Friday, March 30, 2012

Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil

Sometimes it's a bit shocking how things turn out.  I have what I would consider rather oily skin.   Specifically, I am very oily in the T-zone with the most oil on my nose and the areas just next to my nose.  I find that I have to use a setting powder and I have to blot several times throughout the day.

So believe me when I tell you that I am in love with using the Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil on my face.  Yeah, you heard me.  I love using this oil on my oily face.  This oil was the centerpiece of The Miracle of Maracuja kit ($59.96) that I purchased from QVC which you can read about here.  This oil is full size at 1.7 ounces and retails for $46.




The bottle is so cute with its dark amethyst glass and wood cap with a gold button/plunger that draws up the oil.  As you can see it is basically a dropper-type dispenser.  Instructions say to depress the button down and release.  This is supposed to draw up the perfect amount of oil for your face.  



What I love to do is after cleansing and toning my face I place two dropper size portion of the oil onto my fingers.  I then rub my fingers together to warm the oil up and then gently rub the oil onto my face.  I briefly massage and press my fingers against my skin to help it really absorb.

The oil has a very light nutty scent that dissipates quickly.  The consistency of the oil is very liquidy and not viscous in the least.  I think this is why it easily sinks into the skin without leaving a heavy oily film on my face.

When I use this oil, I skip my usual night cream and serums but I still use my Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, which I will review at a later time.  In the morning, my skin is incredibly supple without an ounce of greasiness.   The oil contains high levels of essential fatty acids and a high dose of vitamin C to help moisturize and help brighten the complexion.  It is touted as being intuitive which is to say that it offers people with dry skin the moisture that they crave and the people with oily skin moisture without making them oilier. 

For those with very dry skin, I suppose you could also use this oil in the morning but because my skin is oily, I only use this at nighttime.  Another wonderful thing is that it has not broken me out; which is a really nice non side-effect.

After using it for several days, I've noticed that my skin is velvety soft and there is a definite brightened appearance to my skin tone.  I am definitely impressed with my impulse purchase.

Please refer to tarte's website for further information on the benefits of this oil.


Overall Grade:   A

No comments:

Post a Comment