Friday, March 9, 2012

Batiste Dry Shampoo

For those times when you don't have the time to shampoo your hair there is dry shampoo.  Not only do I use the Batiste Dry Shampoo ($8) for days when I am short on time, I also use it because I want to prolong the time between shampoos.



Shampooing too often is actually not healthy for your hair.  Frequent shampooing strips the natural oils from your hair, causes your hair color to fade faster and actually makes your hair more unruly.   If you can train your hair to go between shampooing for two or even three days, I think you will notice that your hair will not act out as much, you can go longer between colorings and your hair won't be as dry and will in fact normalize.


This product is very easy to use.  I lightly spray the shampoo at least ten inches from my roots.   Some might complain that the shampoo leaves a white or gray cast on dark hair.  While that is possible, I think if you use it with a light hand, you shouldn't run in that problem.

After spraying I brush through to distribute the product.  The shampoo leaves my hair with tremendous volume and a lovely, fresh scent, while effectively banishing all signs of greasiness.   A definite winner!

Overall Grade:   A

No comments:

Post a Comment