Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tarte Airblush Maracuja Bouncy Blush in Shimmering Poppy & Airbrush Finish Bamboo Blush Brush

I am an admitted blush junkie of the first order.  I love my high-end blushes and my more affordable drugstore blushes.  But up until this point they have all been powder blushes.  The Tarte Airblush Maracuja Bouncy Blush in Shimmering Poppy ($25) is my first cream blush.   This item along with the coordinating Airbrush Finish Bamboo Blush Brush ($28) was part of the Miracle of Maracuja 8 pc Skin Smart Collection from QVC which can be seen here.





The blush has a traditional pressed powder embossment initially.

Upon initial impression it looks like a powder in the pan but this is definitely a cream.  Also, the color looks very intense but is a sheer but buildable shade.  You could definitely use your fingers to apply this to your cheeks but I would suggest using the Airbrush brush that this comes with.

Tarte says that this "Maracuja oil infused blush becomes one with the skin creating a seamless radiant glow that won't settle into fine lines."  I would have to agree with the description.

The brush, when swirled into the blush, picks up the perfect amount of pigment.  It does a wonderful job of depositing a very natural wash of color on the cheeks and is the perfect complement to the cream blush.

Please note this swatch was applied with my fingers.  Using the included brush will give a more sheer effect.

As for the actual color of this blush it is a sheer corally pink with no shimmers.  It is actually quite lovely and natural looking.  I like to apply the blush after my foundation but before my setting powder.  I find that this gives the best outcome.  As I have said earlier, you can definitely build up the intensity of the pigment by applying another layer of the blush.  But what I like to do sometimes is to apply a complementary powder blush overtop.  The effect is two-fold.  You get an intensified look and you are also setting the cream blush at the same time.

This blush wears very well and I would say I get a good eight hours out of it.  I am so in love with this blush.  The color is perfect for me.  The cream texture applies like a dream with the amazing brush.  A definite must-have in my book.

Overall Grade:   A

2 comments:

  1. I picked up Shimmering Peach and fell in love with it~after looking at your review I think I may need Shimmering Poppy as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading :). Shimmering Poppy is really lovely.

      Delete