Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque

For anybody who suffers from dry, parched, thirsty hair, a good hair mask can help bring your hair back from the brink of disaster.  I've been growing out my hair and to help it along I've layed off the hot tools, made sure to not wash my hair too often (which can accelerate color fading and dry out the hair shaft) and invested in good quality, moisturizing shampoos and conditioners.

I've been loving and still using my Brocato Cloud 9 Miracle shampoo and conditioners which I've reviewed here.   Even though the conditioner is excellent, sometimes my hair needs an extra boost of moisture.  For those times, I reach for my Macadamia Natural Oil Repair Masque ($30/ 8.5 oz).




This is a wonderfully, thick mask that leaves my hair soft and moisturized.  Hair feels silky and bouncy and not weighed down.  It also smells great but be warned the scent is rather strong.  If you are highly sensitive to smells, I would go to the store and take a sniff to see if you can live with the smell first before taking the plunge with such an expensive purchase.

Ideally, I would like to use this product about once a week, but I find that I sometimes get lazy or downright forgetful.  Using this does command a bit of time commitment because I like to leave it on for as long as possible in the shower.

Usually after shampooing, I apply a thick layer and comb it through my hair with a wide-toothed comb and put it up in a bun.  I continue with rest of my shower routine and let the steam open the hair cuticles and allow the mask to penetrate deep into the hairs. 

I wouldn't say this product is a must.  It is definitely a splurge but I think for the condition of my hair and what I'm trying to do (grow it long), it is a worthwhile investment.

Please excuse the slightly out-of-focus picture. 

A side note, I've also tried the It's a 10 Miracle Hair Mask ($35/ 8 oz) in the past and this is also an excellent deep conditioner.  Between the two, I think I prefer the Macadamia ever so slightly more. 

I'm almost out of my Macadamia Repair Masque.   I think for my next purchase I will try the Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask ($35/ 8.5 oz).  At that time I will do a comparison of all three masks.

Overall Grade:  A

No comments:

Post a Comment