Sunday, March 25, 2012

L'Oreal Nail Polishes :: The Rest of My Collection

As promised, I have swatches of the rest of the L'Oreal Nail Polishes from my small collection.  I might pick up more colors if there is a future sale on these.  But first here is 400 Tangerine Crush on my nails.

This is a bright, orange, cream shade with no shimmers.

Here is my entire collection.




270 I Pink I'm In Love - a sheer, pearly baby pink.
310 Versailles Romance - a gorgeous, peach with slight shimmers.
400 Tangerine Crush - A bright orange, cream with ever so slight pink undertone.
500 Violet Vixen - a grapey purple with a brown undertone, no shimmers.
570 Stroke of Midnight - a shimmery slate blue.
580 Because You're Worth It - a shimmery gold.
 Here are the swatches on my arm.

Please excuse the sloppy swatches, it was more challenging than I thought to apply nail polishes on tape. Perhaps in the future I will swatch on a nail wheel.

I've worn three out of the six colors so far.  I wore 500 Violet Vixen last week but did not get a chance to take a picture do to a busy schedule and inclement weather.  You can view 310 Versailles in Love on my nails here .  Overall, I would say that I enjoy these polishes very much.  They wear great (of course I always top with my favorite quick-drying top coat, Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat) so I can't comment on how they hold up sans top coat. 

I love how they are widely available and reasonably priced at $6 (bonus: they are on sale quite often so you can definitely score them for even less.)  I love the color selection, I believe I saw approximately 30+ shades at my local drugstore.  I think it would be nice if they offered seasonal or special collections just like OPI, China Glaze and Essie.  That would keep things interesting.

Overall Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment