Sunday, April 8, 2012

My Beauty Diary Black Pearl Sheet Mask

Even though my skin is oily, I still think that it is important to keep it hydrated.  The last thing you want to do to oily skin is to deprive it of moisture because what ends up happening is your skin will just produce more oil to compensate.

I don't think moisture or oil for that matter should be the enemy of a person with oily skin.  Sometimes oil based skin care can be an effective and gentle way to care for your skin.  Please refer to my blog post on the Lancome Huile Douceur oil cleanser here  and my Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil here.

Recently, I started using the My Beauty Diary Black Pearl Sheet Mask ($13).  The My Beauty Diary line of sheet masks is from Taiwan I believe and it can be purchased from several online purveyors specializing in selling Asian beauty products.  I obtained mine from Amazon.





The box comes with ten individually wrapped masks.  When you open one of the packets, you will find that the very delicate paper masks comes backed with a piece of plastic that is the same size and shape as the mask.  The best way to apply, I find is to carefully unfold the mask and apply to your clean and toned  skin.  Gently lay the mask on your face, paper side down (against your skin).  Next carefully peel back the plastic and lift off completely and discard.  Finally, gently smooth the mask against your face.  Take a little time to smooth away any bubbles and make sure that the mask fits your face.  I like to leave the mask on as long as possible.  Sometimes if I have the time, I will leave it on for one hour or more.

Save the pouch and apply the extra essence (liquid portion) to your neck or hands.  I find that the mask stays moist for a long time and that is why I can leave it on for 1+ hours.  After, my skin is still moist from the essence so I just rub this extra essence into my skin.  This mask leaves my skin smooth, soft and lifted.  My pores seem smaller and there is a slight tightened (in a good way) appearance to my skin.  Some have commented that that they find this a little too moisturizing on their combination/oily skin.  I would have to disagree.  I find that this moisturizes just enough and if anything I wish it was slightly more moisturizing.

The next morning I wake with soft and smooth skin without any signs of oiliness.  By all means this is not a miracle product.  It just provides that little extra bit of moisture when your skin seems thirsty and needs a moisture boost. 

I like to use this mask 1-2 times a week.  Whenever, I have that bit of extra time to sit around with a mask on my face.  For the price, this is a great value and I am looking forward to trying others from this brand.

Overall Grade:   B+

No comments:

Post a Comment