Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV

I am a huge fan of Urban Decay eyeshadows.  They are pigmented, creamy and there is a wide range of colors.  My first Urban Decay eyeshadows were the ones from the Naked palette.  Recently, I purchased the Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV ($64) off their website and I also purchased the Naked 2 palette during the Sephora VIB Sale (review to follow).


I had been contemplating this palette for a few weeks and finally took the plunge because the palette was on sale for $29.  The reason I was drawn to this palette was because it has some bright colors along with some neutral colors.  The shadows were creamy except for the colors Midnight Cowgirl and Midnight Rodeo.  These two shades were the most glittery of all of the colors and and thus had the most fall-out with large chunky glitter particles.



The back of the palette.

There are a total of 16 colors with 10 of them being new colors.  Also included are a travel size Primer Potion, a full size 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner (in Perversion, a carbon black shade), a travel size Super Curling Mascara and QR (quick response) cards that allows you access to some how-to videos featuring this palette.

Notice the 3-D butterflies that are flying off the palette.  Such a whimsical touch.

Close-up of the cute butterflies.



Row 1




Row 2


Row 3

Row 4

I really love this palette, it has something for everyone.  This is a wonderful value if you can still get it online for $29.  I highly recommend this palette. 

Overall Grade:   A-

No comments:

Post a Comment