Monday, February 20, 2012

Lancome Huile Douceur Cleansing Oil

At the end of a long day the last thing you want is to spend a lot of time removing your makeup.  I usually do a two step wash routine.  I wash my face the first time to remove the bulk of the makeup and follow up with a second washing with my Nutrasonic face brush to remove the last bit of makeup.

A little background on what I wear on my face.  I usually wear foundation, powder, eyeshadow primer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and blush.  Phew, I know that sounds like a lot so coming up with a method to completely remove everything is crucial.



About two years ago I came across some reviews of Lancome's Huile Douceur cleansing oil.  People were raving about how effectively it removed their foundation, eye makeup and even their mascaras.  Needless to say I was intrigued but not ready to take the plunge.

First of all I didn't wear foundation two years ago.  Second, this is an oil-based cleanser and I have very oily skin.  And third, the price, which at $37 before tax is, lets just say it, steep.

Well about two weeks ago I caved and purchased the Huile Douceur when Lancome was having a free gift with purchase (GWP) at Macy's.  As you might have read in my previous post I only purchase my Lancome products during a free GWP event.

The instructions states to apply the oil directly onto a dry face.  DO NOT WET your face first.  Slowly massage the oil onto your face (avoiding your eyes at first) to help break down the makeup.  The oil has a very light, floral scent that is very pleasant.

After massaging for a minute or two, proceed to gently massage your eyes to remove all of your eye makeup and mascara.  Finally, add a small amount of water and work this onto your skin.  The oil will turn milky.  I like to massage at this point for another 30 seconds and then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.

I then follow this up with my cleanser and Nutrasonic face brush.  I find that when I pat my face dry that the Huile Douceur does not leave my face oily whatsoever.  It rinses completely away and leaves the skin very comfortable and clean.  

In short,  I am pleased with the results that this cleanser gives even though it might seem counter-intuitive at first to use an oil-based cleanser on a person with very oily skin. 

Overall Grade:   A-




No comments:

Post a Comment