Saturday, April 7, 2012

Sephora 2012 VIB Sale

The only time I make a purchase from Sephora is when I have a gift card or if there is a sale.  Earlier this month Sephora was having their annual VIB sale which they dubbed ChicWeek.  I had my eyes on several items but finally settled on Benefit's The Pretty Committee ($38) makeup set and Urban Decay's Naked 2 ($50) eyeshadow palette. 

I debated for a long time over what to get, going back and forth over a lot of products.  I am always a very pragmatic person and I might proudly say, frugal.  I absolutely love makeup but I will rarely pay full price for anything (a feat that I will boast to anyone who will listen, lol).

I find that the best things to purchase during these sales are either brands that don't go on sale at their more traditional outlets or what I call value sets.  The brands I am talking about are, for example YSL, Dior, Nars, Guerlain and Laura Mercier, just to name a few.  During the Sephora sales, everything is on sale, no exclusions.  During this particular sale everything was 15% off.  This is the best time to stock up on high-end brands.   Secondly, the value sets from Sephora are one of the best values around.  Usually, for a very reasonable price, these sets come with several items (they can be full sizes or deluxe sample sizes or a mix of both) which let you try out several items from one brand or a collection of items from several different brands.




I have always wanted to try the Benefit box blushes and what better time to try my first one then to try it in The Pretty Committee set which comes with the following (with their regular prices) :
  • Full size Bella Bamba blush ($28)
  • Full size Eye Bright pencil ($20)
  • Full size Stay Don't Stray eye primer ($26)
  • Deluxe size sample of the High Beam liquid complexion enhancer ($26 for the full size)
The second item that I purchased was the much buzzed about Naked 2 eyeshadow palette.


I own and love the original Naked palette (which I received for my birthday last year from my dear friend EC) and wanted to add the second one to my collection.  I knew that the VIB sale was coming up sometime in the spring and waited very patiently to make this purchase.

I think the key to getting a discount on your favorite high-end beauty products is to do your research.  Like I stated earlier in this post, I find much satisfaction and enjoyment when I get what I want but never having to pay full price for it.  Perhaps, I will do a future post on how I find my amazing beauty deals (sometimes at 50-60% off retail).

The reviews for these items will come at a later time.

Overall Grade:   A (to Sephora for having these sales)

No comments:

Post a Comment