Sunday, April 15, 2012

Butter London :: Tart with a Heart

I've been eyeing Butter London nail polishes ($14) for a while now.  I finally caved yesterday and purchased two of them at my local Ulta .  Tart with a Heart (from the Holiday 2011 collection) was not available on the Ulta website but this was the one color that I wanted for my first Butter London purchase.  I had a 20% off coupon and decided to stop by my Ulta on my way home after work to just browse.

I was super excited when I spotted the last Tart with a Heart on the Butter London display.  I didn't hesitate, I just grabbed it.  My Ulta had quite an extensive selection of colors.  I didn't go crazy because these are the most expensive nail polishes I have ever purchased and they were not on sale.  If and when they go on sale, I will pick up more.  There were two reasons that I caved.  One was because I got the shade that I had been eyeing for weeks now and two, the 20% off coupon took the sting out of the $14 price tag.




This is a beautiful polish that consists of different size glitter particles suspended in a sheer mauve-y lavender, pink base.  The large glitters are holographic and there are smaller multi-colored glitters.  This polish is surprisingly neutral and subtle.  I would definitely wear this to work.  Because the base color is so sheer, it keeps everything toned down.  I am so in love with this nail polish and I am so happy to have finally located this shade.

The holographic quality is very apparent in this photo.


I love how the glitter particles come alive in the sunlight.





I applied two coats here but you could definitely use three for a more glittery effect.

The glitter particles can create a gritty texture on the nails so I suggest applying two layers of a clear top coat to help smooth out the texture.

Overall Grade:   A

No comments:

Post a Comment