Sunday, February 5, 2012

Site Review :: www.mygiftwithpurchase.com

By now I'm sure it is pretty apparent that I love all things beauty related.  I know that I have discussed a lot of drugstore make-up items and some mid-range make-up and haircare items but when it comes to department store beauty purchases, I make it a rule (that I try to closely follow) not to buy anything without also receiving a free gift with purchase (GWP).

What is a gift with purchase you may ask?  Generally, it is a promotional set of sample size items that you receive for making a minimum purchase amount.  How can you find out when a particular brand is giving away a free GWP?


I stumbled upon this website about two years ago and the person who owns the site does an excellent job of compiling various GWPs from different brands into one place.

As an example, here is my most recent purchase from Lancome.  I bought the Huile Douceur ($37) from Macy's and they were currently running a GWP that comprised of a really cute cosmetic bag and six samples of some of their most popular make-up and beauty items.


I received the pink bag, the Hypnose Doll Lashes Mascara, the Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector, the Genefique Youth Activating Concentrate, the Aquatique eyelid base in Nude, the High Resolution Refill 3X Triple Renewal Anti-Wrinkle Cream spf 15 and a Juicy Tube in Spring Fling.

Sometimes the items in the GWPs are set meaning everyone receives the same items.  But sometimes, such as in this case, you may select items of your preference.  I love it when the stores let you do this because I tend to gravitate more towards skincare items than make-up items.

For me personally, I find department store beauty items to be pricey (but well worth the investment for the quality) so when I do cave for a new item such as the Huile Doucer cleansing oil or am re-purchasing an old favorite, I want a nice bang for my buck.   That is why this website is so invaluable for consumers like myself because I can plan my purchases based on when the next GWP is happening.

I suggest the next time you are thinking of making a purchase from your favorite beauty counter of your local or not so local department stores (these promotions also work on their respective websites) to check out mygiftwithpurchase.com to see what free GWPs are currently being offered.

Overall Grade:   A

(The review for the Huile Douceur will be posted sometime soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment