Friday, February 10, 2012

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows

I remember the first time I heard about the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows ($8) (back in August of 2011) and thinking that a drugstore brand had found a way to replicate the Giorgio Armani "Eyes to Kill" Intense Silk Eyeshadows ($32).   I was super excited until I heard that the Infallible eyeshadows were not available in the US.  Talk about disappointment. 


Well, I need not have worried.  L'Oreal released the Infallible eyeshadows later that fall in the US market.   The thing that drew me to these eyeshadows were the intense pigmentation and unique texture.  They are billed as a loose powder but they have a very buttery, soft, creamy consistency but they are not wet.  These shadows even come with a little stopper to help keep the powder from drying out and also to help press the powders down. 




I picked up five of the shades all of which have a metallic finish.

222 Infinite Sky - A soft, rich sky blue with a silver, metallic finish
888 Iced Latte - A golden, champagne color
889 Midnight Blue - A deep navy blue with fine blue and violet micro-shimmers
890 Bronzed Taupe - A brown, taupe with multi-colored micro-shimmers
892 Amber Rush - An amber, bronze with gorgeous multi-colored micro-shimmers



These pigments swatch beautifully.  The best way I have found to apply these shadows is actually to use clean fingers.  You could certainly use brushes but I find that the color payoff is much better when you use your fingers.  As with any eyeshadows, I always recommend using a primer.  With a primer, these shadows last me a good ten hours with no creasing and minimal fading.


So would I recommend you run out and buy these eyeshadows?  Certainly, if you are interested in an eyeshadow with a very unique texture and great pigmentation.  

Overall Grade:  A

No comments:

Post a Comment