Monday, February 20, 2012

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses

I am not usually a lipgloss  person.  I think I am much more of an eyeshadow and blush person.  I think it has to do with the fact that lipglosses need to be re-applied throughout the day and thus are more high maintenance in my opinion.

With that said, when I do feel like like wearing lipgloss, I have a few favorites that I turn to.  A favorite drugstore brand that I quite enjoy are the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses ($8).  I own four shades, all of which are creams with no glitters.







170 Coral Reef - a bright, soft, orange-coral

200 Lilac Pastelle - a milky, light, lavender

180 Pink Pop - a soft pink

160 Firecracker - an orangey tomato red

These glosses wear really well.  I find them quite moisturizing and very comfortable on the lips.  The color pay off is also pretty good.  These glosses are not sheer (which I like) but they are not opaque either.  They reside somewhere in the middle. The texture is creamy, almost jelly-like.  There is a bit of stickiness (but not overly so) to them which I don't mind (I feel this is what contributes to the staying power of the glosses).  These are not nearly as sticky as my Stila Lip Glazes.  If you are not a fan of sticky glosses then I wouldn't recommend these.


 I wear three out of the four colors as is.  Meaning they are stand alone colors that don't need the help of a lipstick or lipliner to make them work on my skin tone.  The one exception is the Lilac Pastelle which I don't wear on its own.  I actually purchased this shade to use as a neutralizer over any overly warm lip colors.   It works wonderfully to tone down colors that are too bright or too orange and makes them more neutral and thus wearable.

Overall Grade:   A-


No comments:

Post a Comment