Sunday, February 12, 2012

Les Tissages De Chanel :: 70 Tweed Brun Rose

I have always admired French art, fashion and of course cosmetics.  I finally made my foray into the French cosmetic realm last fall with a generous gift card from my sister, TH.   I bought the Limited Edition 2011 Holiday Les Tissages de Chanel blusher in 70 Tweed Brun Rose ($45) and the Les 4 Ombres eyeshadow quad in 14 Mystic Eyes ($58) (which will be reviewed in a later post).

First of all the powder has a very unique and iconic Chanel tweed texture.  The blush consisted of different shades of peach and pink in a raised pattern instead of one uniform color.  Initially, there was a gold overspray that disappears after the first one to two uses.


The powder consistency is very firm, a bit firmer than my Milani Baked Blushes.  The pigmentation is very good but again not as pigmented as the Milani Baked Blushes.  In fact, the overall color payoff is ever so slightly less than the Milani Baked Blush in 05 Luminoso which I found to be a very close, but not exact dupe for the Brun Rose.

Swatched, they are very similar with the Chanel having a slightly more pink lean with no shimmers and the Milani being more peachy with a light dusting of shimmers throughout.  See my review of the Milani Baked Blushes here


So if they are so close in appearance, which one would I recommend?  Well, actually I would recommend both.  The Chanel has a very obvious luxurious presentation from the luxe velveteen pouch that it came packaged in to the sumptuous, multi-colored tweed impression in the powder. 

The Milani has a more utilitarian packaging but that doesn't take away from the exceptional quality of the product for a very inexpensive price tag.   So it basically boils down to what you think is important.  If a designer name is important than the Chanel lives up to the hype and delivers.  If you are not interested in designer name brands than the Milani is a great value for the money.

For me personally, I was in the market for a high-end blush and the Chanel fulfilled my expectations of what a prestigious brand is all about.  So I am delighted with my purchase and even more so to have found an inexpensive alternative in the Milani.

Overall Grade:   A

No comments:

Post a Comment