Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Urban Decay Naked 2

Also included are a mini Lip Junkie gloss & a dual-ended brush (inside the case).

With the enormous success of the original Naked eyeshadow palette, Urban Decay released their sophomore effort with the Naked 2 palette. Of the two, I thought I would prefer this palette over the original but after several uses I find myself reaching more for the Naked versus the Naked 2 palette.

Both palettes contain wonderful variations of beautiful, neutral eyeshadows. The Naked palette has neutral colors that leans more warm whereas this palette leans more cool in tone. Both palettes are gorgeous but because my skin tone leans very warm with a pronounced golden undertone that I feel that the warmer palette suits my complexion more.

The back-side of the packaging.

Like most Urban Decay eyeshadows, these are creamy and velvety to the touch with amazing color payoff. Nine of the colors have a pronounced pearly, metallic finish, whereas three of the colors are matte. They are easy to work with but there are some fall out with several of the shades.



Close up of the first seven shades.

Close up of the last five shades

Swatched on bare skin; no primer. Photo taken in bright sunlight.

My final thoughts.....

Do I think that this is a worthy purchase and/or investment at $50? The price is undoubtedly steep, no question. But you must remember that you are getting twelve eyeshadows of amazing quality that are wonderful representatives of the neutrals genre. So if you are a neutrals lover such as myself then I think that owning this palette is justifiable. Though I don't reach for this palette as much as the original Naked palette, I still use it on a regular basis.

Grade:  A-


No comments:

Post a Comment