Monday, March 18, 2013

The Body Shop Mango Body Scrub

Recently I purchased the Mango Body Scrub ($20/ 7.4 oz) from the thebodyshop-usa.com when they were having an amazing sale. You can see what else I purchased during this sale here. I have never tried a body scrub from this store before but I was curious if it would help my very dry skin.




My skin is very sensitive, dry and as a result gets very itchy. It is so irritable that I sometimes bleed from scratching it. I needed something that would add and keep the moisture in my skin.


 
This is a sugar and salt scrub that is suspended in an oil base. The first thing you notice is the scent. Though it's called a mango scrub, I think the scent is more peach than mango. I find the scent pleasant if nothing exceptional. It is not too overwhelming but it definitely lingers long after your shower.



The sugar and salt crystals are not too abrasive because they dissolve rather quickly. I think people who have sensitive skin should fare pretty well with this scrub. If anything, I wish that the sugar and salt wouldn't dissolve so rapidly as to provide a more thorough scrubbing action.

After the shower, I recommend blotting dry rather than wiping yourself dry. This is to retain the fine layer of oil that is left on the skin. Some people might object to this but I find that this oil is very moisturizing but if you find it too oily than you have the option to remove it. This scrub did leave my skin very moisturized and super soft and most importantly it felt comfortable. Not itchy or irritated in the least.

Overall I enjoyed this scrub very much but the one very disconcerting thing about it is that I literally went through a whole tub of this in ten days. Ten days! You definitely use up quite a bit each time you shower but at $20 for 7.4 ounces it is too expensive. I only recommend this scrub if you can get it on sale.

Grade:   B+

No comments:

Post a Comment