Thursday, April 11, 2013

Benefit Stay Don't Stray

Benefit's Stay Don't Stray ($26) is a touted as a primer for both eyeshadow and concealer. This is my first time using a primer with this dual purpose. I must admit that I do not use it as a concealer primer. I am not sure why. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I don't have any issues with my under eye concealer creasing or fading as the day goes on or that a primer for your concealer sounds foreign to me.








This product is strictly an eyeshadow primer for me. Right off the bat you will notice that this primer comes with a pump. At first I was pleased with the pump method of delivery since it would minimize contaminating the rest of the product. But with only the first use, I notice that the pump delivers way too much product. It is rather challenging to dispense just enough product to use without wasting a fair amount.




I would say that this is the major drawback of this primer. As for its performance as a primer I would say it does pretty well. My eyeshadow showed minimal creasing which is saying a lot because I have rather oily eyelids. The color suits my skin tone quite well.  The primer dries down to a natural to matte finish within one minute.

One pump of the primer.


Slightly blended out.

Would I repurchase this primer? Probably not. Even though it performed very well as a primer, the high price tag plus the fair amount of product being wasted with each use makes me quite reluctant to buy it again.

Grade:  B




No comments:

Post a Comment