Thursday, April 4, 2013

Beauty Ramble :: Final Thoughts on the Birchbox Subscription

I have finally come to the end of my one year subscription to Birchbox. I feel now I can give a better assessment of this subscription service. I have concluded with a resounding certainty that it was not worth it.

Basically how this service works is you pay $10 a month and they send you a box of 3-5 items. Most are sample size and rarely they can be full size products. I think I might have received approximately three full size products during the entirety of my subscription. On this issue I don't feel that I was mislead in any way because it clearly says that their boxes are made up of mostly sample size products and there would be an occasional full size product included in the box.

My final Birchbox. Not bad this month but notice the random piece of chocolate.


Products can be anything from makeup, to hair products, nail polishes, fragrances, accessories such as hair ties and even food. The food thing irked me I'm not going to lie. I subscribed to a beauty box not a food box. Most months I found myself very disappointed with the items. I supposed I had higher hopes for the types of products and brands that would be included in the boxes. I don't know, I was rarely excited with the products I received. Most months my reaction was like this, "Really?" and then that quickly turned to my expression of meh.

I suppose for $10 you can't expect too much. But in all honesty, the majority of the items I received, I never used and never felt that I wanted to use. Needless to say, they are collecting dust in drawer, sad little things. Thinking back I think I would have rather saved $10 a month then waste it on things that I ultimately did not care for.

These are just my personal thoughts on the matter. If you are still intrigue, by all means try it all for a month or for a few months. Don't invest in a whole year as yours truly did or you might have buyers remorse. The only reason I signed up for a year was because you essentially got one month free if you did. So tread lightly. Perhaps do a bit of research on how others have felt about their experiences. As with anything, your experience will vary from mine. Has anyone tried other beauty subscription services? I would love to hear about your experiences.


Grade:   C+

No comments:

Post a Comment