Saturday, January 14, 2012

Luxy Hair Extensions

I have always wanted super long hair ever since I was a child.  I have attempted to grow my hair out numerous time but it seemed that it would never grow pass the middle of my back.  Getting it to that length would take such a long time that I would get bored and cut it short.  This vicious cycle went on for several years.

Currently I am growing my hair out once again.  Surprise.  To help it along I am laying off the hot tools and regularly doing the weekly deep conditioning.  So until it grows to the length I want, I am using the Luxy Hair Clip-In Extensions.

I saw these extensions being used in a youtube tutorial and was intrigued.  They looked so natural and beautiful and more importantly easy to use.  I must have watched their videos for about a year before I seriously considered purchasing them.  They offer a total of ten colors ranging from $119.95 for the 120 gram set to $139.95 for the 160 gram set. 


I finally took the leap two weeks before my birthday last year.  I placed my order on their website Luxy Hair and chose color 1B (Off Black) in the 160 gram set.  They offer two sizes, 120 gram for people with fine or thin hair and the 160 gram set for people with medium to thick hair.  All of their hair extensions are 20 inches long and are made from real human Remy hair.  This length on me reaches almost done to my belly button (I stand 5'2").

Shipping (which was free) took 4-5 days and they arrived in a plain, yellow manila envelope.  I was a little perturbed when I saw this expecting that they be packaged in a box or at least an envelope with bubble wrap liner.   Upon opening, the hair wefts (pieces) were contained in a clear, plastic envelope that was the length of the hair extensions.

The hair had a pronounced plastic smell when you first remove them from the envelope.  But I find that if you leave them out, the smell dissipates.  As for the hair themselves, I received 10 wefts (I believe the 120 g set has 8 wefts) that were attached to snap-on hair clips.  The wefts were of varying sizes based on where they are to be placed on the head.

The hairs were silky and straight.  On their website, it does say that the hairs are flat-ironed straight when they are shipped to you.  That means that when you wash and then dry them, they might get slightly wavy.  I have worn my extensions for about 10 times now and have not washed them yet.  They recommend that you wash your extensions every 10-15 wears with normal use. 

Because these are real human hair, they can be flat-ironed, curled and even dyed if the color is not an exact match to your hair.  Having used them a handful of times, I am really happy with my purchase.  They really add that bit of fun and glamor to your look.  I would definitely recommend these extensions to anyone who was interested in sporting long hair on a temporary basis.

(I recommend checking out their website and youtube channel on how to choose the correct hair color, how to take care of the extensions and for tons of fun hair tutorials.)

Overall Grade:  A-

1 comment:

  1. nice to finally see a positive review on these!!;) i got these about 3 months ago in dark brown and they make all the difference in the world!! the quality is amazing and some shedding, nothing too drastic. and the customer service is amazing. i'm afraid to wash these because i love them straight, not wavy. and they look good on you;)

    ReplyDelete